Sunday, February 20, 2011

SUNday......full of SUN!! Yay :)

I <3 Sundays!
Time for family!!
Spending the day cooking, housework, catching up & preparing for the week ahead!!

You've all got to try this YUMMY recipe!

I did...the kids loved it...it was easy...& in this house that means its a HIT!!



Simple Sour Cream Enchiladas
Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, fully cooked & shredded
2 dozen white corn tortillas
1 16 oz. can green enchilada sauce
2 ounces additional green chiles
14 oz. sour cream
4 cups shredded cheese (Jack or Mexican blend)
*using nonfat sour cream and lowfat cheese will decrease the calories!

Mix all ingredients together, reserving 1.5 cup cheese, 2 ounces green chile sauce, and 3 ounces sour cream for topping.  Heat corn tortillas 4 or 5 at a time in microwave on high for 30 seconds, then spoon 3 tablespoons of the mixture into the heated tortillas.  (Heating them helps avoid cracking when you roll them up!) 

Spray a large Pyrex or glass dish with cooking spray (you may need an extra dish), then align enchiladas in a row inside.  Blend remaining sour cream and green chile sauce together and spoon over enchiladas.  Top with remaining shredded cheese.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. 
  Makes 20-24 enchiladas.
Garnish with fresh cilantro (which I didn’t have) and if you like spice, extra green sauce.
Easy peasy, and oh so yummy.

Let me know what ya think!!

As for our Sunday.....it was a re-energize day!

We had a super busy Saturday so it was much needed.

Lexee went to dance and worked her tail off preparing for Competition #1 this coming weekend!

Her and Amy were rockin and rollin! I cant wait to share all the details this next weekend!

You are gonna love it!!



Real quick before I go....

Who is going to Rodeo Houston?

It is my all time favorite time of year!

My honey surprised me for Valentines Day and brought home these bad boys....


I sooooo cannot wait to kick it this year wearin' em!!

They'd be perfect paired with any of La Dolce Vida's awesome rodeo selections....

I think I'll wear em with this......



How was your Sunday Funday?

I'd love to hear all about it!!

Comment.....&.....Follow

Dont forget to watch the Bachelor tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment